The Times Square district is one of the most desirable and sought-after neighborhoods for national and international advertising. This is no surprise given the area's famous electronic screens and massive, striking billboards.
Take a look at the facts
- On average, 370,000 pedestrians enter the Times Square Bowtie*, while another 115,000 drivers/passengers pass through by car and bus each day.
- In total, Times Square signage advertising can expect to nearly 1.5 million impressions each day.
- On the busiest days Times Square sees pedestrian counts over 450,000 people.
- Times Square stays busy late, over 100,000 pedestrians enter the Bowtie from 7pm-1am.
- There are 170,000 employees in Times Square – one in four Midtown office employees work in this district.
- 66,000 call the greater Times Square area** home
- And of course, some portion of the festivities in Times Square on New Year's Eve are witnessed by a global television audience estimated at over one billion people.
At the Times Square Alliance, we often receive inquiries from national and international advertisers eager to make their presence felt at the Crossroads of the World. We hope this page will provide some helpful contact information for those looking to take advantage of advertising opportunities in Times Square.
- Street Pole Banners & ReceptaSigns (Trash Receptacle Advertising)
- Digital Screens and Billboards
- Event Sponsorships
- Times Square Arts
*The “bowtie” refers to the area in Times Square where 7th Avenue intersects with Broadway between 42nd to 47th Streets.
**The greater Times Square area encompasses 6th Ave to the River from 38th to 59th)