The Director of External Affairs reports to the President and is responsible for overseeing a cross-departmental effort to advance the Alliance's public policy, government affairs and strategic communications agenda across a range of issues and relationships. S/he oversees one direct report - the External Affairs Coordinator.
- Develop and implement the Alliance's External Affairs agenda, coordinating the efforts of the President and Senior Staff in the Operations, Communications, and Policy, Planning & Research departments
- Oversee Alliance intergovernmental relationships across key city agencies and cultivate relationships with other external parties, including consultants, legal counsel, board members and other interested stakeholders
- Work with the Director of Communications to develop media and strategic communications campaigns, as they relate to both the external affairs agenda and broader Alliance visibility and urban public policy leadership
- Manage the organization and development of materials such as issue statements, one-pagers, letters to elected officials, presentation decks and press kits related to governmental and other urban policy issues
- Work with the President and Director of Communications on thought leadership documents and presentations for conferences and events
- Support the President in his leadership roles in urban affairs, public space, academia and economic development, such as his role as Chair of the International Downtown Association; Co-Chair of the NYC & Company Public Policy, Research and Advocacy Committee and his role as board member of the Design Trust for Public Space, the Times Square Advertising Coalition, the Broadway Association, etc.
The ability to learn quickly and manage several multifaceted projects, both in the short- and long-term. Attention to detail, especially in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, and excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent writing, analytical, editing and presentation skills.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience in New York City government or a civic/media organization is ideal, preferably with exposure to public-private-partnerships.
Please click here to apply.
Responsible for all aspects of the payroll, the accounts payable processing and general accounting duties. Assists the Controller and VP of Finance & Administration with regularly scheduled activities and special projects.
The Payroll Accountant will report to the Controller.
- Process biweekly payroll and utilize accounting principles to report employee earnings; such as salaries, wages, bonuses, and overtime and payroll taxes as well as employer paid benefits; such as vacation and holidays.
- Reconcile all payroll deductions for insurance premiums, pension, loans, TransitCheck and garnishments.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll tax reports (941, etc.) third party sick pay, and labor reports.
- Generate GL Payroll Journal Entries every pay period, checking and balancing of all posted /Payroll Journal Entries.
- Process all aspects of Accounts Payable: ensure proper general ledger account coding, obtain approvals and documentation, prepares and distributes checks in accordance with the established payment processing schedule and upload Positive Pay. Coordinate with the authorize person for all checks that over $10,000 for which a second signature is needed.
- Primary data entry responsibilities include inputting accounts payable vouchers.
- Addresses inquiries from vendors or Times Square Alliance staff regarding payment status.
- Communicates any improper coding of vouchers to the staff responsible for the error and assists them in utilizing the proper account codes.
- Management of employee American express credit card accounts, including review of expense reports to ensure proper general ledger coding and the existence of appropriate supporting documentation and approvals. Maintains contact with employees to ensure timely submission of expense reports. Reconciles activity, prepares and inputs journal entries to ensure timely recording of activity in this accounts.
- Performs general administrative support such as filing, faxing, maintain payroll and accounts payable files, etc.
- Prepare for vendors 1099 form and 1096 annually.
- Capture and analyze all TSA purchasing data for procurement compliance, including obtaining approvals on procurement checklist, scanning and distributing procurement documents, maintaining contract files.
- Suggests, develops and implements more efficient methods for performing and accomplishing accounting tasks.
Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in payroll, accounts payable & general accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Familiarity with payroll & Accounting Software; Paycom & MIP Sage experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills required.
- Understands of the principles of accounting especially as they relate to the Payroll and accounts payable function.
- Detail orientated, organized, accurate, and flexible.
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. (i.e. tables, formulas)
- Carful numerical and data entry skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment.
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems with vendors, internal & external clients
Please click here to apply.
The Times Square Alliance seeks a creative, proactive and results-oriented Partnerships Manager to help manage relationships that support the Alliance’s mission, vision and programs. This includes partnerships and sponsorships for its marquee events and programs, including New Year’s Eve, Solstice in Times Square and Times Square Arts, the Alliance’s public arts program. The Partnerships Manager is a key member of the Events and Programming team, dividing time between Events and Public Art and reporting to the Director of Partnerships & New Business Development.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting Director of Partnerships in building out a long-term fundraising plan and setting annual fundraising goals for the Alliance’s annual signature events and Times Square Arts’ public art program.
- Developing support materials and sponsorship decks to communicate upcoming programs and events.
- Researching and identifying new potential sponsors for all of the Alliance’s programs, annual events and public art program; assisting in cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Creating and managing sponsorship calendar for events and grants calendar for public art, ensuring that all deadlines are met; creating accurate narrative and financial reports on grant expenditures.
- Writing and editing persuasive sponsorship requests and grant proposals; developing program budgets.
- Coordinating partnerships and activations, including contracts, letters of agreement, acknowledgment letters, and sponsor inclusion on marketing collateral.
- Managing on-site activations and benefit fulfillment for signature events throughout the year.
- Maintaining current records in database (Salesforce) and in paper files of sponsorship requests and reports; maintaining accurate sponsor contact information and VIP lists.
- Attending programs and events as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to clearly articulate both Alliance and partner needs.
- Experience in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees across all levels and departments; foundation, philanthropic and government grant makers; corporate officers; and agency account executives.
- Several years of full-time sponsorship, development and/or grant writing experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Flexible and focused demeanor in a demanding work environment and ability to prioritize deadlines and assignments effectively.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Bachelor's Degree required; some evening and weekend hours required as dictated by events, networking opportunities and work flow.
Please click here to apply.