The internationally-recognized public art program, Times Square Arts, is currently seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Public Art Manager. Working within a unique setting as part of the business improvement district, Times Square Alliance*, this position is well-suited for an individual who has successfully managed projects, but wants to get the experience of working across multiple disciplines with simultaneous projects and in non-traditional places. The role involves all processes of public programs taking place outdoors, in partner venues and on the billboards of Times Square, including: creative development, implementation through to documentation and evaluation as well as communications. Working with a dynamic Alliance team and significant cultural partners to realize the programming, this individual thrives in a collaborative environment and leading artists and operations to a successful project. We seek an experienced producing manager who desires creation of contemporary arts within a public realm and learning all of the nuances to make this happen.
The Public Art Manager will report to the Director of Times Square Arts and VP, Events & Programming and will also support others in the department, which includes events and sponsorships.
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Energetic, creative, detail-oriented multi-tasker
- A problem solver and logistics lover
- Ability to remain calm, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with the arts in NYC, nationally or internationally
- Excellent communication, administrative and organization skills
- BA or equivalent
- 2-5 years performing arts/producing experience
- Strong social media skills a plus
The Public Art Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Director and the VP of Events & Programming in the planning and execution of public art programs
- Manage the Public Art Coordinator, freelance staff (where appropriate) and fellows
- Duties include the procedures for permitting, planning, budget-tracking, contracting, production, as well as archiving and evaluating projects.
- Manager with VP of Events & Programming and Operations division, Public Art Coordinator and any other (where appropriate) freelance staff for the pre-production and day of logistics for all installations and events
- Administer all planning and strategic documents for the Public Art program, including programming, funding, strategic communications as well as Review Committee and Advisory Committee needs
- Manage and coordinate daily needs of partner and artist relationships
- Manage the communications and marketing materials for print, online and social media with the Director, partners and artists and Alliance Communications team
- Support for major public programs, including events throughout District plazas and venues
- Facilitate evaluation process with partners, artists and internal departments
- Assist Partnerships Director and Manager with materials and project details for any partner or supporter relationships and fundraising activities
- Ensure project files are updated in real-time and each project is properly closed
- Other projects as assigned
- Expected to work extended hours and weekends as needed for all events
Interested candidates should send cover letter explaining what you know about Times Square Arts and why the position appeals for your career growth, your resume and contact details for 2-3 professional references to https://timessquarenyc.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06312.
The Department of Public Safety operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. The Public Safety Officer supports a safe and secure environment for stakeholders, tenants and visitors of Times Square. Officers will be expected to: observe & report information as it relates to Quality of Life conditions; provide members of the public with helpful information on attractions and businesses in the area; execute a number of comprehensive and integrated security measures and countermeasures. Must be able to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the Department of Public Safety and the Times Square Alliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(Includes unique competencies) Individual must be capable to be licensed as a New York State Security Guard; have basic computer knowledge (email, Microsoft Office a plus); a professional appearance; ability to detect problems and report information to the appropriate personnel; excellent verbal communication and report writing skills; able to operate departmental equipment - including radios; use sound and proper judgment when addressing emergency situations; able to listen and communicate calmly, effectively, and courteously in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Must be available to perform mandatory overtime when necessary. Bi-lingual a plus.
Officers will be exposed to working outdoors for prolonged periods of time including in inclement weather conditions.Must be available to work at Alliance sponsored events as needed (e.g.: New Year’s Eve, Taste of Times Square, Solstice, etc)
Public Safety Officers must be in good health and physical condition to maintain the physical stamina and agility, visual and auditory acuity necessary to perform the essential responsibilities of this position. Must be able to engage in strenuous physical activity including: foot patrolling, walking, running, and standing for extended periods,climbing and descending stairs, the movement of barricades and other items.
High School Diploma or Equivalency; College Degree preferred
Please click here to submit your resume and cover letter.
The Times Square Alliance seeks exceptional candidates for its Policy & Research Information Analyst position. The Analyst will work with the Policy, Planning & Research team in tracking and summarizing economic indicators and quality of life data and creating innovative data presentations for internal and external use. The Analyst will support the Vice President of Policy, Planning & Research and consultants in implementing our overall policy and advocacy research agenda. This individual will also strategically assess how we track and update the business and tenant listings within the Times Square boundaries and help facilitate and enhance our ability to communicate with, promote and solicit feedback from stakeholders and constituents.
The Policy & Research Information Analyst is an integral part of the Policy, Planning & Research Department and crucial to the seamless coordination of our business services and policy & research portfolios. The individual will report to the Director of Economic Development for Salesforce and business services items and the VP of Policy, Planning & Research on data analysis, research and capital projects.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for regularly collecting and analyzing an array of economic and quality of life data.
- Supporting the VP of Policy, Planning and Research and consultants on planning, administrating and analyzing research studies related to the neighborhood economy, tourism, stakeholder attitudes, transportation and other policy issues.
- Preparing dynamic visual representations of the above described data for Board of Director reports & presentations, media requests, broker & developer requests, packets for new businesses and other Alliance projects.
- Managing and maintaining the Policy, Planning & Research Department’s real estate and information databases– Salesforce, Co-Star and Springboard.
- Supporting the VP of Policy, Planning & Design on capital projects and other public space initiatives.
- Generating maps of place specific data in the district, such as pedestrian counts and new real estate & development data.
- Generating weekly reports on Business Services data analytics.
- Ability to work as a team across departments
- Strong administrative, organization and technical skills
- Experience with quantitative research, managing databases and data analysis required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, with fluency in Excel absolutely required
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator required, experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Up to two years previous experience acceptable, but not necessary
Please click here to submit your resume and cover letter.
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a highly-motivated individual with an interest in urban community development, to help us improve and promote Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Business Services Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting business relations throughout the organization and being attentive to the needs of Times Square constituents, including residents, businesses and property owners. The Coordinator will help plan, develop and implement programs that promote awareness of the Times Square Alliance and its business development resources and act as the primary liaison to area businesses promoting our services and programs.
The Business Services Coordinator works closely with the Community Development Coordinator and all Alliance departments to support the organization’s programs and initiatives. Serving as a key link between our commercial constituents and the Alliance, this individual helps link our core services with retail and commercial tenants, creating partnerships and synergies where possible.
The Business Services Coordinator reports to the Director of Economic Development & Community Relations and works with the economic development team in the Policy, Planning and Research Division.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Director of Economic Development & Community Relations in being responsive to the needs of and communicating with Times Square constituents, including residents, employees, businesses and property owners.
- Working with the Director of Economic Development & Community Relations to manage and execute the community engagement agenda within the department’s economic development plan so that the Alliance’s profile among district stakeholders is elevated.
- Cultivating and strengthening key contacts with respect to commercial tenants, retailers and residents in the district, establishing regular, ongoing communication with the Alliance.
- Liaising with commercial tenants and retailers in Times Square to promote our services and programs, as well as responding to quality of life and constituent issues in a timely manner.
- Partnering with the Events & Programming department on community-based events, including outreach to businesses for Taste of Times Square, Love in Times Square, Solstice in Times Square, New Year’s Eve, Times Square Arts and other plaza programming.
- Attending constituent meetings with the Community Development Coordinator and managing the follow-up from those meetings.
- Producing the monthly Business Services (B2B) newsletter.
- Conducting the monthly storefront survey audit and commercial tenant audit in order to maintain accurate storefront data for dissemination to the district, Alliance staff and updating our contact database system.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Detail orientation and deadline sensitivity
- Strong creativity and critical thinking skill
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Personal enthusiasm and individual initiative
- Experience with database entry and management, specifically Salesforce
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, specifically Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in urban studies or related field
Candidate must provide a cover letter along with their resume.
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.