Assistant Director of Public Safety
The Assistant Director of Public Safety reports ot the Director of Public Safety and supervisors the supervisory and line officers and other safety department personnel. The Assistant Director assists the Director of Public Safety with the overall operations of the Public Safety Division including the development and adherence of policies, procedures and supervision of field operations and administrative tasks and takes an active role in leading and influencing the department’s mission. Oversees the daily field operations of the public safety department and works closely with all internal and external Alliance stakeholders. The job requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate special events; this may include working evenings, overnight and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Director, develop plans and procedures intended to increase operational efficiency of the public safety staff.
- Works closely with all supervisory personnel within the department to ensure optimum performance and professional standards of the public safety staff.
- Assists the Director with executing daily supervision and takes disciplinary action if needed.
- Able to make immediate decisions and determines actions to be taken in emergency situations and notifies the necessary parties.
Oversees the collection and maintenance of all statistical data related to Quality of Life indicators and/or additional metrics as determined by the Director.
- Participates in the annual performance evaluation process.
- Acts as the liaison for the department with internal and external stakeholders, building security and external vendor services: i.e. security cameras and access control systems.
- Makes recommendations toward the subject matter of in-service training for staff and assists in the recruitment, orientation and development of new personnel.
- Develops, cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with all members of the public safety staff.
- Helps to implement an effective model of customer service, security response and informational services to be used by the public safety officers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of experience in law enforcement or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess extensive experience in the administration and operational oversight of Public Safety or a community-policing program.
- Must have strong supervisory experience.
- Must have computer proficiency including MS Excel/Word/Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
- Must have basic knowledge of current penal laws and code enforcement.
- Experience conducting investigations is a plus.
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.