Un The Times Square Alliance seeks an Administrative Assistant to work in the executive office. Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant to the President, the job responsiblities of the Administrative Assistant include:
Providing administrative support in such functions as:
- Assisting Executive Assistant with maintaining an extremely busy President’s complex calendar including setting up, confirming and prioritizing appointments, negotiating rescheduling as necessary, and constant/vigilant email monitoring
- Preparing President’s expense reports, making travel arrangements, coordinating arrangements for meetings (internal and external.),monitor event invitations and manage RSVP folder
- Acting as primary back-up for Executive Assistant
- Greeting guests & visitors to the Times Square Alliance and directing them to the appropriate people.
- Answering calls and directing them to appropriate staff and departments
- Maintaining marketing materials at front reception area and maintaining newspaper and magazine archive
- Making photocopies, faxing documents, filing and performing other clerical functions , Receive, sort and distribute mail throughout office (e.g. USPS, FedEx, UPS), as well as accepting office deliveries and notifying recipients
- Monitor and order office supplies
- Assist with maintenance of office equipment
- Assisting with or preparing correspondence
- Serve as the team expert on matters pertaining to Salesforce
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- At least 3 to 5 years administrative experience in a corporate setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint & Excel and Outlook
- Must exercise discretion
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative
- Pays attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable interacting with the public via the phone and in person
- Must have confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive under pressure
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.
The Times Square Alliance seeks a seasoned professional to oversee partnerships & business development which appropriately support its mission, vision and programs.
This includes partnerships, sponsorships and financial support for its marquee events and programs, including New Year’s Eve, Solstice in Times Square and Times Square Arts, the Alliance’s public arts program. In addition, the Director will continue to develop and oversee efforts to secure revenues through corporate and philanthropic grants and the marketing of TimesSquare-related merchandise.
The ideal candidate has both an established network of corporate and philanthropic contacts and the personal and professional skills to develop new ones as the Alliance explores new ventures. He or she will be sensitive to the need to balance the desire to secure support with the larger brand and vision of the Alliance, and will use his or her skills and sensitivities to identify and build relationships with the right partners.
This role supervises 2 people and reports to the Vice President of Events and Programming and works closely with the President and the Creative Director.
- Develop, propose, negotiate and guide implementation of partnership arrangements which involve cash or in-kind support for key Alliance events and programming, with a particular emphasis on growing support for arts and creative programming.
- Shape the creation of partnership proposals by clearly formulating and articulating linkages between Alliance sponsorship opportunities and partners’ marketing agendas.
- Oversee philanthropic fundraising (primarily grants) to support elements of the Alliance’s Public Art program; past supporters have included foundations; city, state and federal arts programs; consulates and foreign governments’ cultural, trade and tourism programs.
- Identify and seek other potential revenue streams by utilizing Alliance assets and brand characteristics, including partnering to develop distinctive Times Square-related merchandise and programs.
- Where appropriate, shape promotional and marketing campaigns linked to partnership arrangements which are consistent with the Alliance’s brand objectives.
- Oversee research into prospective partners and work with the Alliance’s Policy, Planning and Research division to shape and implement research that advances partnership efforts.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will be a seasoned professional from either the profit or non-profit sector with an MBA or at least 5 years of relevant experience and already-established relationships in a mix of corporate marketing, philanthropic, foundation, cultural and event fields;
- Have in-depth experience negotiating partnership agreements with a proven ability to develop relationships and close deals;
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a variety of day to day contacts including Alliance employees across all levels and departments; corporate stakeholders; partners, chief marketing officers; foundation, philanthropic and governmental grant makers; agency account executives and press;
- Have a knowledge, interest and passion for building strong relationships with cross sector partners and sponsors (corporate, institutional, private & public);
- Think creatively in high pressure situations;
- Take ownership of projects and be a self-starter while also having the insight to know when to seek advice and input from the Vice President of Events and Programming, the Creative Director, or President;
- Lead a staff and create an environment that allows them to produce excellent work on behalf of the organization and its constituents;
- Multi-task and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Build and maintain relationships with a broad variety of business constituents, partners, co-producers and consultants while possessing the ability to navigate through conflicting agendas;
- Think creatively both in problem solving and sponsorship & fundraising endeavors;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as dictated by events, networking opportunities and work flow;
- Be scrappy and resourceful.
Please click here to send a resume with salary requirements.