Times Square Alliance is currently seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Human Resources Manager to help us grow and maintain the employee programs and initiatives that the department develops and administers. This position involves all aspects of human resources including benefits, recruiting, employee relations, compensation and training and development.
The Manager reports to the Director of Human Resources.
The Human Resources Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Human Resources Director with managing and maintaining various HR initiatives including annual employee outings and company-wide events.
- Uses knowledge of human resources laws, practices and policies to offer consultation and coaching to supervisors and employees.
- Posts jobs on internal and external job boards and may assist with pre-employment screening with different hiring managers;
- Manage administration of all benefit plans (retirement, health insurance, life insurance, supplemental short-term disability insurance, etc.): employee changes, plan and system maintenance, annual audit. Additional for retirement plan: annual compliance testing and census, rollover, loan, and distribution.
- Manage benefits billing process and trouble shoot with vendors and resolve any employee issues.
- Manage and maintain the employee onboarding and exiting process including conducting new hire orientations and exit interviews
- Partner with Finance/Payroll department to maintain employee records
- Input employee data internal human resources data systems and maintain employee files
- Track and manage FMLA, Short-term disability and Worker’s comp claims
- College degree a must; Human Resources certification preferred
- At least 4 – 6 years of human resources experience
- Must have great interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm, professional and diplomatic
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, administrative and organization skills
- Great customer service skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Comfortable presenting information and presentations to internal audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and payroll (HRIS) systems
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a highly-motivated individual with an interest in communications, to help us promote Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Alliance’s overall communication strategy. The role entails supporting other departments in their communications efforts, maintaining the Alliance’s digital platforms including daily updates to the Times Square Alliance website. Prepares and executes all Alliance email newsletters with the assistance of other departments, maintains times lines for major events for the Communications department and liaise with the Events & Programming team to report out Communication output.
The Communications Coordinator works closely with all Alliance departments to support programs and events and reports to the Director of Communications as part of a six person communications team.
Support for the Alliance’s Communications Team:
- Coordinates all copy edits and internal approvals on press releases, departmental newsletters, internal communications, and social media copy prior to the Director’s approval
- Coordinates certain press requests including requests for photos and interviews and provides background when appropriate.
- Monitors all general email inboxes including email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com.
- Coordinates the monthly Bridge calendar and meeting.
- Acts as website (CMS) troubleshooter organization-wide
- Provides daily maintenance to the website (CMS) monitoring for updates and working with each department on their pages.
- Coordinates and executes internal communications documents like the Communications Weekly Agenda and Neon News,
- Coordinates relationships with vendors such as advertising partners, publication ad departments, digital consultants, etc.
- Processes invoices from vendors
- This position requires excellent writing and editing skills based on the amount of content generated over multiple platforms across all Alliance departments.
- Attention to detail is a must as this position is responsible for catching errors and must maintain the Alliances voice and tone throughout all materials.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, different social media platforms, CMS / backend website programs, and basic HTML coding.
- Personal enthusiasm and individual initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on communications, writing, or something comparable.
- 1-2 years of experience working in communications, marketing, or something comparable.
- Experience with a drupal based website CMS system and email newsletter programs (such as Constant Contact, Dotmailer, Campaign Monitor…etc.)
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.
The Times Square Alliance seeks a seasoned professional to oversee partnerships & business development which appropriately support its mission, vision and programs.
This includes partnerships, sponsorships and financial support for its marquee events and programs, including New Year’s Eve, Solstice in Times Square and Times Square Arts, the Alliance’s public arts program. In addition, the Director will continue to develop and oversee efforts to secure revenues through corporate and philanthropic grants and the marketing of TimesSquare-related merchandise.
The ideal candidate has both an established network of corporate and philanthropic contacts and the personal and professional skills to develop new ones as the Alliance explores new ventures. He or she will be sensitive to the need to balance the desire to secure support with the larger brand and vision of the Alliance, and will use his or her skills and sensitivities to identify and build relationships with the right partners.
This role supervises 2 people and reports to the Vice President of Events and Programming and works closely with the President and the Creative Director.
- Develop, propose, negotiate and guide implementation of partnership arrangements which involve cash or in-kind support for key Alliance events and programming, with a particular emphasis on growing support for arts and creative programming.
- Shape the creation of partnership proposals by clearly formulating and articulating linkages between Alliance sponsorship opportunities and partners’ marketing agendas.
- Oversee philanthropic fundraising (primarily grants) to support elements of the Alliance’s Public Art program; past supporters have included foundations; city, state and federal arts programs; consulates and foreign governments’ cultural, trade and tourism programs.
- Identify and seek other potential revenue streams by utilizing Alliance assets and brand characteristics, including partnering to develop distinctive Times Square-related merchandise and programs.
- Where appropriate, shape promotional and marketing campaigns linked to partnership arrangements which are consistent with the Alliance’s brand objectives.
- Oversee research into prospective partners and work with the Alliance’s Policy, Planning and Research division to shape and implement research that advances partnership efforts.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will be a seasoned professional from either the profit or non-profit sector with an MBA or at least 5 years of relevant experience and already-established relationships in a mix of corporate marketing, philanthropic, foundation, cultural and event fields;
- Have in-depth experience negotiating partnership agreements with a proven ability to develop relationships and close deals;
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a variety of day to day contacts including Alliance employees across all levels and departments; corporate stakeholders; partners, chief marketing officers; foundation, philanthropic and governmental grant makers; agency account executives and press;
- Have a knowledge, interest and passion for building strong relationships with cross sector partners and sponsors (corporate, institutional, private & public);
- Think creatively in high pressure situations;
- Take ownership of projects and be a self-starter while also having the insight to know when to seek advice and input from the Vice President of Events and Programming, the Creative Director, or President;
- Lead a staff and create an environment that allows them to produce excellent work on behalf of the organization and its constituents;
- Multi-task and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Build and maintain relationships with a broad variety of business constituents, partners, co-producers and consultants while possessing the ability to navigate through conflicting agendas;
- Think creatively both in problem solving and sponsorship & fundraising endeavors;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as dictated by events, networking opportunities and work flow;
- Be scrappy and resourceful.
Please click here to send a resume with salary requirements.
The Department of Public Safety operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. The Public Safety Officer supports a safe and secure environment for stakeholders, tenants and visitors of Times Square. Officers will be expected to: observe & report information as it relates to Quality of Life conditions; provide members of the public with helpful information on attractions and businesses in the area; execute a number of comprehensive and integrated security measures and countermeasures. Must be able to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the Department of Public Safety and the Times Square Alliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(Includes unique competencies) Individual must be capable to be licensed as a New York State Security Guard; have basic computer knowledge (email, Microsoft Office a plus); a professional appearance; ability to detect problems and report information to the appropriate personnel; excellent verbal communication and report writing skills; able to operate departmental equipment - including radios; use sound and proper judgment when addressing emergency situations; able to listen and communicate calmly, effectively, and courteously in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Must be available to perform mandatory overtime when necessary. Bi-lingual a plus.
Officers will be exposed to working outdoors for prolonged periods of time including in inclement weather conditions.Must be available to work at Alliance sponsored events as needed (e.g.: New Year’s Eve, Taste of Times Square, Solstice, etc)
Public Safety Officers must be in good health and physical condition to maintain the physical stamina and agility, visual and auditory acuity necessary to perform the essential responsibilities of this position. Must be able to engage in strenuous physical activity including: foot patrolling, walking, running, and standing for extended periods,climbing and descending stairs, the movement of barricades and other items.
High School Diploma or Equivalency; College Degree preferred.
Please click here to submit your resume and cover letter.