We are currently seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Events Manager to help us continue the tradition of producing high quality events which improve and promote Times Square.
The Events Manager will report to the VP, Events & Programming and will support and be responsive to others in the department as well on public art and sponsorships.
The Events Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the VP of Events & Programming in the planning and execution of events and programming; This includes the procedures for permitting, ordering of materials, inventory of materials, and assistance in day-of-event execution.
- Serve as the day to day point person on general plaza programming installations, events, performances and seasonal programs
- Support as needed in the creation of all presentation decks for use in sponsorships sales pitches, recaps and board meetings
- Contribute to the compilation of pre and post event surveys and compile debrief reports
- Contribute to departmental efforts in contacts management and affiliated reports (Salesforce)
- Handle day to day updates of all event pages on the website
- Lead all aspects of event registration included but not limited to internal and external (such as eventbrite) website configuration, all correspondence with prior and current event registrants and all associated follow-up with all participants
- Research event concepts that lead to new events and enhancements of current events
- Directly involved with outreach to businesses as relates to event and marketing initiatives
- Recruit and manage department fellows and seasonal production staff
- Manage part-time staff in office and at events
- Work all events including receptions offsite at other venues
- Serve as point person for all events in working with communications team on all collateral materials needed (including print, online and email outreach)
- Assist in the production of event related collateral materials such as premium items, event programs and signage utilizing Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop as needed
- Review all incoming information on non-Alliance events in Times Square and channel them to the appropriate parties for issue identification and flash reporting
- Assist Community Relations Manager on Crossroads events and open houses
- Assist Public Art team with pre-production and day of logistics for all installations and events
- Assist Sponsorships team with research for potential clients
- Seek in-kind opportunities to facilitate further development of all events
- Assist Director of Public Space & Operations on non- Alliance events
- General administrative work including mailings, data entry, archiving and invoice processing
- Perform other projects as assigned
- Energetic, creative, detail-oriented self-starter with excellent interpersonal and teaming skills
- A problem solver with the ability to take complete ownership of projects and see them through to completion
- A leader with the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Able to develop new plans and ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years event/production/marketing experience a must
- Must be able to work nights and weekends to accommodate an active event schedule
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.
The Assistant Director of Public Safety reports ot the Director of Public Safety and supervisors the supervisory and line officers and other safety department personnel. The Assistant Director assists the Director of Public Safety with the overall operations of the Public Safety Division including the development and adherence of policies, procedures and supervision of field operations and administrative tasks and takes an active role in leading and influencing the department’s mission. Oversees the daily field operations of the public safety department and works closely with all internal and external Alliance stakeholders. The job requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate special events; this may include working evenings, overnight and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Director, develop plans and procedures intended to increase operational efficiency of the public safety staff.
- Works closely with all supervisory personnel within the department to ensure optimum performance and professional standards of the public safety staff.
- Assists the Director with executing daily supervision and takes disciplinary action if needed.
- Able to make immediate decisions and determines actions to be taken in emergency situations and notifies the necessary parties.
Oversees the collection and maintenance of all statistical data related to Quality of Life indicators and/or additional metrics as determined by the Director.
- Participates in the annual performance evaluation process.
- Acts as the liaison for the department with internal and external stakeholders, building security and external vendor services: i.e. security cameras and access control systems.
- Makes recommendations toward the subject matter of in-service training for staff and assists in the recruitment, orientation and development of new personnel.
- Develops, cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with all members of the public safety staff.
- Helps to implement an effective model of customer service, security response and informational services to be used by the public safety officers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of experience in law enforcement or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess extensive experience in the administration and operational oversight of Public Safety or a community-policing program.
- Must have strong supervisory experience.
- Must have computer proficiency including MS Excel/Word/Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
- Must have basic knowledge of current penal laws and code enforcement.
- Experience conducting investigations is a plus.
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.