Policy & Research Analyst
The Times Square Alliance seeks exceptional candidates for its Policy & Research Analyst position. The Analyst will work with the Policy, Planning & Design team in tracking and summarizing economic indicators and quality of life data and creating innovative data presentations for internal and external use. The Policy & Research Analyst will also assist in the Alliance’s work to improve Times Square’s public realm in the coming years. The position reports to the Vice President of Policy, Planning, and Design.
Research & Analysis
The Policy & Research Analyst will be responsible for collecting and analyzing an array of economic and quality of life data, which directly informs the organization’s policy and program choices. This data will be distributed in Board of Directors reports, requests from news media, packets for new businesses and will also be used to support the needs of PPD projects. Additionally, the Analyst may be responsible for supervising consultant contracts for short-term research projects, including economic studies and constituent satisfaction surveys. Specific ongoing tasks include:
- Pedestrian and vehicular research, monitoring congestion, flow, and usage patterns
- Commercial real estate research, monitoring local market conditions and leasing activity
- Tourism research, measuring performance of Broadway theaters and area hotels
- Quality of life research, tracking crime incidents and sanitation data
Capital Projects & Public Space
As part of the ongoing revitalization of Times Square, the Alliance is on upgrading and expanding the quality and functionality of Times Square’s public spaces. The Policy & Research Analyst will support the Vice President of Policy, Planning & Design on capital projects and other public space initiatives.
The Policy & Research Analyst will be responsible for translating data and research into effective visual presentations that creatively narrate Times Square’s profile and growth. Specific tasks include:
- Generating maps of place-specific data in the district, such as pedestrian counts, crime incidents, or new real estate and development
- Generating charts and graphs of data collected regularly, and supporting production of the organization’s Annual Report with economic indicator data and graphs
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fluency in Excel and Adobe Illustrator are required. Experience with Photoshop, and InDesign is beneficial. The Policy and Research Analyst should possess excellent quantitative, analytic and communication skills. Experience with quantitative research and GIS are preferred. Keen sense of humor is also a plus.
Attn: HR – PPD – Research