The Times Square Alliance seeks exceptional candidates for its Policy & Research Information Analyst position. The Analyst will work with the Policy, Planning & Research team in tracking and summarizing economic indicators and quality of life data and creating innovative data presentations for internal and external use. The Analyst will support the Vice President of Policy, Planning & Research and consultants in implementing our overall policy and advocacy research agenda. This individual will also strategically assess how we track and update the business and tenant listings within the Times Square boundaries and help facilitate and enhance our ability to communicate with, promote and solicit feedback from stakeholders and constituents.
The Policy & Research Information Analyst is an integral part of the Policy, Planning & Research Department and crucial to the seamless coordination of our business services and policy & research portfolios. The individual will report to the Director of Economic Development for Salesforce and business services items and the VP of Policy, Planning & Research on data analysis, research and capital projects.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for regularly collecting and analyzing an array of economic and quality of life data.
- Supporting the VP of Policy, Planning and Research and consultants on planning, administrating and analyzing research studies related to the neighborhood economy, tourism, stakeholder attitudes, transportation and other policy issues.
- Preparing dynamic visual representations of the above described data for Board of Director reports & presentations, media requests, broker & developer requests, packets for new businesses and other Alliance projects.
- Managing and maintaining the Policy, Planning & Research Department’s real estate and information databases– Salesforce, Co-Star and Springboard.
- Supporting the VP of Policy, Planning & Design on capital projects and other public space initiatives.
- Generating maps of place specific data in the district, such as pedestrian counts and new real estate & development data.
- Generating weekly reports on Business Services data analytics.
- Ability to work as a team across departments
- Strong administrative, organization and technical skills
- Experience with quantitative research, managing databases and data analysis required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, with fluency in Excel absolutely required
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator required, experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Up to two years previous experience acceptable, but not necessary
Please click here to submit your resume and cover letter.
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a highly-motivated individual with an interest in urban community development, to help us improve and promote Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Business Services Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting business relations throughout the organization and being attentive to the needs of Times Square constituents, including residents, businesses and property owners. The Coordinator will help plan, develop and implement programs that promote awareness of the Times Square Alliance and its business development resources and act as the primary liaison to area businesses promoting our services and programs.
The Business Services Coordinator works closely with the Community Development Coordinator and all Alliance departments to support the organization’s programs and initiatives. Serving as a key link between our commercial constituents and the Alliance, this individual helps link our core services with retail and commercial tenants, creating partnerships and synergies where possible.
The Business Services Coordinator reports to the Director of Economic Development & Community Relations and works with the economic development team in the Policy, Planning and Research Division.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Director of Economic Development & Community Relations in being responsive to the needs of and communicating with Times Square constituents, including residents, employees, businesses and property owners.
- Working with the Director of Economic Development & Community Relations to manage and execute the community engagement agenda within the department’s economic development plan so that the Alliance’s profile among district stakeholders is elevated.
- Cultivating and strengthening key contacts with respect to commercial tenants, retailers and residents in the district, establishing regular, ongoing communication with the Alliance.
- Liaising with commercial tenants and retailers in Times Square to promote our services and programs, as well as responding to quality of life and constituent issues in a timely manner.
- Partnering with the Events & Programming department on community-based events, including outreach to businesses for Taste of Times Square, Love in Times Square, Solstice in Times Square, New Year’s Eve, Times Square Arts and other plaza programming.
- Attending constituent meetings with the Community Development Coordinator and managing the follow-up from those meetings.
- Producing the monthly Business Services (B2B) newsletter.
- Conducting the monthly storefront survey audit and commercial tenant audit in order to maintain accurate storefront data for dissemination to the district, Alliance staff and updating our contact database system.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Detail orientation and deadline sensitivity
- Strong creativity and critical thinking skill
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Personal enthusiasm and individual initiative
- Experience with database entry and management, specifically Salesforce
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, specifically Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in urban studies or related field
Candidate must provide a cover letter along with their resume.
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.
Director of Partnerships and Business Development
The Times Square Alliance seeks a seasoned professional to oversee partnerships & business development which appropriately support its mission, vision and programs.
This includes partnerships, sponsorships and financial support for its marquee events and programs, including New Year’s Eve, Solstice in Times Square and Times Square Arts, the Alliance’s public arts program. In addition, the Director will continue to develop and oversee efforts to secure revenues through corporate and philanthropic grants and the marketing of TimesSquare-related merchandise.
The ideal candidate has both an established network of corporate and philanthropic contacts and the personal and professional skills to develop new ones as the Alliance explores new ventures. He or she will be sensitive to the need to balance the desire to secure support with the larger brand and vision of the Alliance, and will use his or her skills and sensitivities to identify and build relationships with the right partners.
This role supervises 2 people and reports to the Vice President of Events and Programming and works closely with the President and the Creative Director.
- Develop, propose, negotiate and guide implementation of partnership arrangements which involve cash or in-kind support for key Alliance events and programming, with a particular emphasis on growing support for arts and creative programming.
- Shape the creation of partnership proposals by clearly formulating and articulating linkages between Alliance sponsorship opportunities and partners’ marketing agendas.
- Oversee philanthropic fundraising (primarily grants) to support elements of the Alliance’s Public Art program; past supporters have included foundations; city, state and federal arts programs; consulates and foreign governments’ cultural, trade and tourism programs.
- Identify and seek other potential revenue streams by utilizing Alliance assets and brand characteristics, including partnering to develop distinctive Times Square-related merchandise and programs.
- Where appropriate, shape promotional and marketing campaigns linked to partnership arrangements which are consistent with the Alliance’s brand objectives.
- Oversee research into prospective partners and work with the Alliance’s Policy, Planning and Research division to shape and implement research that advances partnership efforts.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will be a seasoned professional from either the profit or non-profit sector with an MBA or at least 5 years of relevant experience and already-established relationships in a mix of corporate marketing, philanthropic, foundation, cultural and event fields;
- Have in-depth experience negotiating partnership agreements with a proven ability to develop relationships and close deals;
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a variety of day to day contacts including Alliance employees across all levels and departments; corporate stakeholders; partners, chief marketing officers; foundation, philanthropic and governmental grant makers; agency account executives and press;
- Have a knowledge, interest and passion for building strong relationships with cross sector partners and sponsors (corporate, institutional, private & public);
- Think creatively in high pressure situations;
- Take ownership of projects and be a self-starter while also having the insight to know when to seek advice and input from the Vice President of Events and Programming, the Creative Director, or President;
- Lead a staff and create an environment that allows them to produce excellent work on behalf of the organization and its constituents;
- Multi-task and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Build and maintain relationships with a broad variety of business constituents, partners, co-producers and consultants while possessing the ability to navigate through conflicting agendas;
- Think creatively both in problem solving and sponsorship & fundraising endeavors;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as dictated by events, networking opportunities and work flow;
- Be scrappy and resourceful.
Please click here to send a resume with salary requirements.