The Assistant Director of Public Safety reports ot the Director of Public Safety and supervisors the supervisory and line officers and other safety department personnel. The Assistant Director assists the Director of Public Safety with the overall operations of the Public Safety Division including the development and adherence of policies, procedures and supervision of field operations and administrative tasks and takes an active role in leading and influencing the department’s mission. Oversees the daily field operations of the public safety department and works closely with all internal and external Alliance stakeholders. The job requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate special events; this may include working evenings, overnight and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Director, develop plans and procedures intended to increase operational efficiency of the public safety staff.
- Works closely with all supervisory personnel within the department to ensure optimum performance and professional standards of the public safety staff.
- Assists the Director with executing daily supervision and takes disciplinary action if needed.
- Able to make immediate decisions and determines actions to be taken in emergency situations and notifies the necessary parties.
Oversees the collection and maintenance of all statistical data related to Quality of Life indicators and/or additional metrics as determined by the Director.
- Participates in the annual performance evaluation process.
- Acts as the liaison for the department with internal and external stakeholders, building security and external vendor services: i.e. security cameras and access control systems.
- Makes recommendations toward the subject matter of in-service training for staff and assists in the recruitment, orientation and development of new personnel.
- Develops, cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with all members of the public safety staff.
- Helps to implement an effective model of customer service, security response and informational services to be used by the public safety officers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of experience in law enforcement or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess extensive experience in the administration and operational oversight of Public Safety or a community-policing program.
- Must have strong supervisory experience.
- Must have computer proficiency including MS Excel/Word/Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
- Must have basic knowledge of current penal laws and code enforcement.
- Experience conducting investigations is a plus.
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a highly-motivated individual with an interest in urban community development, to help us improve and promote Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the business relations and community engagement initiatives throughout the organization. The individual will assist in further developing and implementing programs to promote awareness of the Times Square Alliance and the Crossroads Program, our free perks program for area employees and residents. This individual will work with the Constituent Services Manager and liaise with area businesses, residents, employees and property owners to promote our services and programs.
The Community Development Coordinator works closely with all Alliance departments to support Alliance programs and initiatives. This individual reports to the Constituent Services Manager and works in the Policy, Planning and Research Division.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Constituent Services Manager and Director of Economic Development in being responsive to the needs of and communicating with Times Square constituents, including residents, employees, businesses and property owners.
- Supporting the Constituent Services Manager in developing and marketing the Crossroads Program, our free perks program for area employees and residents.
- Assisting with and coordinating all constituent services programming, including, but not limited to the Crossroads events, Business mixers and Annual Public Meeting.
- Supporting the Constituent Services Manager in drafting and executing welcome letters & packets for new commercial and retail tenants.
- Assisting the Director of Economic Development with the Alliance’s local advisory committees, including Restaurant Row, Public Space Improvements and Residential Advisory Committee.
- Attending constituent meetings with and on behalf of the Constituent Services Manager.
- Supporting the Constituent Services Manager with updating the Policy, Planning & Research pages for TimesSquareNYC.org, including original creative content.
- Working with the Director of Economic Development and the Communications team to draft the constituent services e-newsletters.
- Working with the Constituent Services Manager and collaborating with the Communications team, develop original content for our @TSqNews Twitter handle, constituent services e-newsletters and Google+ platform.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Detail orientation and deadline sensitivity
- Strong creativity and critical thinking skill
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Personal enthusiasm and individual initiative
- Experience with database entry and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, specifically Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in urban studies or related field
- Experience in Salesforce and database management
- 1-2 years professional experience, ideally in work such as marketing, community organizing or
- outreach, retail sales/marketing
- Comfortable with people and developing relationships with diverse business tenants and
- community members
- Candidate must provide a cover letter along with their resume.
To submit resume and cover letter to, please click here.