Responsible for all aspects of payroll, accounts payable processing and general accounting duties. Assists the Controller and CFO with regularly scheduled activities and special projects.
The Payroll and Finance Accountant will report to the Controller and works closely with the CFO.
- Process biweekly payroll and utilizes accounting principles to record employee earnings; such as salaries, wages, bonuses, and overtime and payroll taxes as well as employer paid benefits; such as vacation and holidays.
- Reconcile all payroll deductions for insurance premiums, pension, loans, TransitCheck and garnishments.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll tax reports (941, etc.) third party sick pay, and labor reports.
- Generate GL Payroll Journal Entries every pay period, checking and balancing of all posted Payroll Journal Entries.
- Process all aspects of Accounts Payable: ensure proper general ledger account coding, obtain approvals and documentation, prepares and distributes checks in accordance with the established payment processing schedule and uploads Positive Pay. Coordinate with the authorize person for all checks over $10,000 for which a second signature is required.
- Primary data entry responsibilities include inputting accounts payable vouchers.
- Addresses inquiries from vendors or Times Square Alliance staff regarding payment status.
- Communicates any improper coding of vouchers to the staff responsible for the error and assists them in utilizing the proper account codes.
- Management of employee American express credit card accounts, including review of expense reports to ensure proper general ledger coding and the existence of appropriate supporting documentation and approvals. Maintains contact with employees to ensure timely submission of expense reports. Reconciles activity, prepares and inputs journal entries to ensure timely recording of activity.
- Performs general administrative support such as filing, faxing, maintain payroll and accounts payable files, etc.
- Prepare annual 1096 and 1099 forms.
- Capture and analyze all Alliance purchasing data for procurement compliance, including obtaining approvals on procurement checklist, scanning and distributing procurement documents, maintaining contract files.
- Suggests, develops and implements more efficient methods for performing and accomplishing accounting tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in payroll, accounts payable & general accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Familiarity with payroll & Accounting Software; ADP & QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills required.
- Understands the principles of accounting especially as they relate to the Payroll and accounts payable function.
- Detail orientated, organized, accurate, and flexible.
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (i.e. tables, formulas).
- Careful numerical and data entry skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment.
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems with vendors, internal & external constituencies.
Attn: HR – FIN
We are currently seeking highly-motivated Graphic Designer to help us shape and tell the story of Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Graphic Designer manages the Alliance’s visual communications efforts, overseeing the visual brand of Times Square and the Times Square Alliance. This position supports multiple departments including Marketing, Communications, Public Art, Operations and Planning, Policy & Design and is responsible for creating all printed materials, advertisements, logos, signage and online graphics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and designs a variety of print and digital materials including advertisements, posters, logos, postcards, promotional items, invitations, annual reports, and other publications
- Oversees and enforces guidelines for the organization’s visual brand internally and externally
- Closely coordinates with the events team to project manage design deliverables, timelines & execute on new/existing event creative
- Coordinates the inventory of all graphical work and Alliance photography/video for easy retrieval and backup
- Support web design efforts, including the design of website ads, banners, graphics and oversees email marketing (e-newsletters) program
- Manages printing/mailing vendors, occasional oversight of consulting Graphic Design firm, and coordinates graphic design budget
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design
- 2-5 years of experience in web or print graphic design, either in an agency or in-house or freelance
- Must have mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator)
- Ability to collaborate with other staff and take directions from various people; ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong conceptual planning, creative design, and typography skills and the ability to follow art direction and collaborate on layouts
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills, including handing multiple projects simultaneously and ability to shift priorities and work will under pressure; meeting tight deadlines; and reacting quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Photography, PowerPoint and Copywriting, digital applications (Flash, Dreamweaver) experience is a plus
Attn: HR – GRAPH
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a friendly, outgoing, self-motivated, service oriented individual to design and manage an outdoor tourist service program. We are modifying the way we provide tourism services and are looking to have tourism ambassadors outside in Times Square to provide informational services to visitors. The ideal candidate will have five years management experience and experience providing tourism services. A passion for the history of Times Square as well as the attractions and amenities in the area is helpful.
The manager is expected to:
- Design and manage all aspects of a tourism service program including payroll, scheduling, training, administrative support, IT requirements, supervision, etc.
- Explore possible revenue streams for the Ambassador Program.
- Participate in the hiring process for the Tourism Ambassadors.
- Oversee operations year round in Times Square, frequently working outside.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of New York City in order to best help visitors.
- Offer help to anyone looking for informational assistance.
- Keep up to date with information on the current events and activities in Times Square and in New York City.
- Manage complaints and compliments regarding the services our ambassadors provide.
- Coordinate and manage visitor surveys as needed.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat atmosphere amongst the Tourism Ambassadors and endeavor to make all visitors’ experience as positive as possible.
- Report to the Senior Vice president of Security and Operations.
The manager is expected to have the following skills/requirements:
- Four Year College Degree
- Five years of progressive management experience
- Familiar with MS Office Suite
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of multi-tasking
This position is Full Time with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Attn: HR – TOUR
Times Square Alliance, founded in 1992, works to improve and promote Times Square. In addition to providing safety and sanitation services, the Alliance coordinates many major events in Times Square including New Year’s Eve, manages an Information Center and advocates on behalf of its constituents with respect to a host of public policy, planning and quality-of-life issues.
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant to the President, the job responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
Providing administrative support in such functions as:
- Assisting Executive Assistant with maintaining President’s calendar including setting up and confirming appointments, preparing President’s expense reports, handling travel arrangements, and coordinating arrangements for meetings.
- Acting as primary back-up for Executive Assistant
- Greeting guests & visitors to the Times Square Alliance and directing them to the appropriate people, as well as accepting office deliveries and notifyinrecipient.
- Answering calls and directing them to appropriate staff and departments
- Maintaining marketing materials at front reception area
- Making photocopies, faxing documents, filing and performing other clerical functions
- Assisting with or preparing correspondence
- Data entry into database
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- At least 3 to 5 years administrative experience in a corporate setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Powerpoint & Excel and Outlook
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative
- Pays attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable interacting with the public via the phone and in person
Attn: HR – AA