The Times Square Alliance seeks exceptional candidates for its Policy & Research Analyst position. The Analyst will work with the Policy, Planning & Design team in tracking and summarizing economic indicators and quality of life data and creating innovative data presentations for internal and external use. The Policy & Research Analyst will also assist in the Alliance’s work to improve Times Square’s public realm in the coming years. The position reports to the Vice President of Policy, Planning, and Design.
Research & Analysis
The Policy & Research Analyst will be responsible for collecting and analyzing an array of economic and quality of life data, which directly informs the organization’s policy and program choices. This data will be distributed in Board of Directors reports, requests from news media, packets for new businesses and will also be used to support the needs of PPD projects. Additionally, the Analyst may be responsible for supervising consultant contracts for short-term research projects, including economic studies and constituent satisfaction surveys. Specific ongoing tasks include:
- Pedestrian and vehicular research, monitoring congestion, flow, and usage patterns
- Commercial real estate research, monitoring local market conditions and leasing activity
- Tourism research, measuring performance of Broadway theaters and area hotels
- Quality of life research, tracking crime incidents and sanitation data
Capital Projects & Public Space
As part of the ongoing revitalization of Times Square, the Alliance is on upgrading and expanding the quality and functionality of Times Square’s public spaces. The Policy & Research Analyst will support the Vice President of Policy, Planning & Design on capital projects and other public space initiatives.
The Policy & Research Analyst will be responsible for translating data and research into effective visual presentations that creatively narrate Times Square’s profile and growth. Specific tasks include:
- Generating maps of place-specific data in the district, such as pedestrian counts, crime incidents, or new real estate and development
- Generating charts and graphs of data collected regularly, and supporting production of the organization’s Annual Report with economic indicator data and graphs
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fluency in Excel and Adobe Illustrator are required. Experience with Photoshop, and InDesign is beneficial. The Policy and Research Analyst should possess excellent quantitative, analytic and communication skills. Experience with quantitative research and GIS are preferred. Keen sense of humor is also a plus.
Attn: HR – PPD – Research
Responsible for all aspects of payroll, accounts payable processing and general accounting duties. Assists the Controller and CFO with regularly scheduled activities and special projects.
The Payroll and Finance Accountant will report to the Controller and works closely with the CFO.
- Process biweekly payroll and utilizes accounting principles to record employee earnings; such as salaries, wages, bonuses, and overtime and payroll taxes as well as employer paid benefits; such as vacation and holidays.
- Reconcile all payroll deductions for insurance premiums, pension, loans, TransitCheck and garnishments.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll tax reports (941, etc.) third party sick pay, and labor reports.
- Generate GL Payroll Journal Entries every pay period, checking and balancing of all posted Payroll Journal Entries.
- Process all aspects of Accounts Payable: ensure proper general ledger account coding, obtain approvals and documentation, prepares and distributes checks in accordance with the established payment processing schedule and uploads Positive Pay. Coordinate with the authorize person for all checks over $10,000 for which a second signature is required.
- Primary data entry responsibilities include inputting accounts payable vouchers.
- Addresses inquiries from vendors or Times Square Alliance staff regarding payment status.
- Communicates any improper coding of vouchers to the staff responsible for the error and assists them in utilizing the proper account codes.
- Management of employee American express credit card accounts, including review of expense reports to ensure proper general ledger coding and the existence of appropriate supporting documentation and approvals. Maintains contact with employees to ensure timely submission of expense reports. Reconciles activity, prepares and inputs journal entries to ensure timely recording of activity.
- Performs general administrative support such as filing, faxing, maintain payroll and accounts payable files, etc.
- Prepare annual 1096 and 1099 forms.
- Capture and analyze all Alliance purchasing data for procurement compliance, including obtaining approvals on procurement checklist, scanning and distributing procurement documents, maintaining contract files.
- Suggests, develops and implements more efficient methods for performing and accomplishing accounting tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in payroll, accounts payable & general accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Familiarity with payroll & Accounting Software; ADP & QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills required.
- Understands the principles of accounting especially as they relate to the Payroll and accounts payable function.
- Detail orientated, organized, accurate, and flexible.
- Performs tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (i.e. tables, formulas).
- Careful numerical and data entry skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment.
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems with vendors, internal & external constituencies.
Attn: HR – FIN
We are currently seeking highly-motivated Graphic Designer to help us shape and tell the story of Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Graphic Designer manages the Alliance’s visual communications efforts, overseeing the visual brand of Times Square and the Times Square Alliance. This position supports multiple departments including Marketing, Communications, Public Art, Operations and Planning, Policy & Design and is responsible for creating all printed materials, advertisements, logos, signage and online graphics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and designs a variety of print and digital materials including advertisements, posters, logos, postcards, promotional items, invitations, annual reports, and other publications
- Oversees and enforces guidelines for the organization’s visual brand internally and externally
- Closely coordinates with the events team to project manage design deliverables, timelines & execute on new/existing event creative
- Coordinates the inventory of all graphical work and Alliance photography/video for easy retrieval and backup
- Support web design efforts, including the design of website ads, banners, graphics and oversees email marketing (e-newsletters) program
- Manages printing/mailing vendors, occasional oversight of consulting Graphic Design firm, and coordinates graphic design budget
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design
- 2-5 years of experience in web or print graphic design, either in an agency or in-house or freelance
- Must have mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator)
- Ability to collaborate with other staff and take directions from various people; ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong conceptual planning, creative design, and typography skills and the ability to follow art direction and collaborate on layouts
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills, including handing multiple projects simultaneously and ability to shift priorities and work will under pressure; meeting tight deadlines; and reacting quickly and smoothly to changes.
- Photography, PowerPoint and Copywriting, digital applications (Flash, Dreamweaver) experience is a plus
Attn: HR – GRAPH
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a highly-motivated and energetic team player to help us improve and promote Times Square, cultivating the creativity, energy and edge that have made the area an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life for over a century.
The Research & Information Associate will work as part of the Alliance’s Economic Development team, strategically assessing how we track and update the business and tenant listings within the Times Square boundaries. This person, reporting to the Director of Economic Development, will be part of a team consisting of the Community Development Coordinator, the Director of Communications, the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager and the Director of Partnerships & Marketing, facilitating and enhancing our ability to communicate with, promote and solicit feedback from stakeholders and constituents. The Associate will be primarily responsible for coordinating and managing the Alliance’s tools for communicating with, informing, and promoting our businesses and constituents, such as our contact database Salesforce.
The Research & Information Associate is an integral part of the department and crucial to the seamless coordination of our business services. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the efforts of our Communications, Economic Development, and Partnerships & Marketing teams in tracking and communicating with our businesses, stakeholders and constituents.
- Assist in the overall management of the Salesforce database, including pulling reports and updating contacts
- Update and maintain the Alliance’s Salesforce Handbook, setting protocols and systems for how users interact with the database
- Coordinate with our Salesforce consultant, Arkus and manage contract allocation
- Create planning documents for the database lifecycle
- Coordinate and execute the bi-annual census of our district tenants
- Manage and update the business listings in coordination with the Community Development Coordinator at TimesSquareNYC.org
- Streamline and enhance the way businesses’ promotions are posted on TimesSquareNYC.org
- Linking business and constituent information to other Alliance social media and communications tools, such as our website and mobile app
- Ability to work as a team across departments
- Strong administrative, organization and tech skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with database management
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, specifically Excel and Word
Attn: HR – PPD – Info
The Times Square Alliance is seeking a friendly, outgoing, self-motivated, service oriented individual to design and manage an outdoor tourist service program. We are modifying the way we provide tourism services and are looking to have tourism ambassadors outside in Times Square to provide informational services to visitors. The ideal candidate will have five years management experience and experience providing tourism services. A passion for the history of Times Square as well as the attractions and amenities in the area is helpful.
The manager is expected to:
- Design and manage all aspects of a tourism service program including payroll, scheduling, training, administrative support, IT requirements, supervision, etc.
- Explore possible revenue streams for the Ambassador Program.
- Participate in the hiring process for the Tourism Ambassadors.
- Oversee operations year round in Times Square, frequently working outside.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of New York City in order to best help visitors.
- Offer help to anyone looking for informational assistance.
- Keep up to date with information on the current events and activities in Times Square and in New York City.
- Manage complaints and compliments regarding the services our ambassadors provide.
- Coordinate and manage visitor surveys as needed.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat atmosphere amongst the Tourism Ambassadors and endeavor to make all visitors’ experience as positive as possible.
- Report to the Senior Vice president of Security and Operations.
The manager is expected to have the following skills/requirements:
- Four Year College Degree
- Five years of progressive management experience
- Familiar with MS Office Suite
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of multi-tasking
This position is Full Time with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Attn: HR – TOUR
Times Square Alliance, founded in 1992, works to improve and promote Times Square. In addition to providing safety and sanitation services, the Alliance coordinates many major events in Times Square including New Year’s Eve, manages an Information Center and advocates on behalf of its constituents with respect to a host of public policy, planning and quality-of-life issues.
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant to the President, the job responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
Providing administrative support in such functions as:
- Assisting Executive Assistant with maintaining President’s calendar including setting up and confirming appointments, preparing President’s expense reports, handling travel arrangements, and coordinating arrangements for meetings.
- Acting as primary back-up for Executive Assistant
- Greeting guests & visitors to the Times Square Alliance and directing them to the appropriate people, as well as accepting office deliveries and notifyinrecipient.
- Answering calls and directing them to appropriate staff and departments
- Maintaining marketing materials at front reception area
- Making photocopies, faxing documents, filing and performing other clerical functions
- Assisting with or preparing correspondence
- Data entry into database
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- At least 3 to 5 years administrative experience in a corporate setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Powerpoint & Excel and Outlook
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative
- Pays attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable interacting with the public via the phone and in person
Attn: HR – AA