Thinking about having an event in Times Square? The Times Square Alliance helps you think through every aspect of a Times Square event, providing expertise and guidance on how to navigate the permitting process, city approvals and onsite implementation.
Please fill out this quick form and someone from our team will be in touch shortly.
See & Be Seen...
- Times Square truly is the Crossroads of the World.
- It's no surprise why Times Square is the #1 event destination in New York.
- 350,000 pedestrians pass through Times Square every day.
Where can I produce an event?
Current permitted spaces in Times Square events include the following locations:
The Broadway Plazas
Consists of 5 pedestrian plazas between 42nd-47th Streets
Island located between 46th-47th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Located between 43rd-44th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Located between 45th-46th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Where in Times Square can I host an indoor event?
From theaters to ballrooms to high-tech conference rooms to elegant restaurants with panoramic neighborhood views, Times Square has an event space to suit your needs. Whether you're hosting a half-dozen guests or a couple of thousand, and whether the dress code is black tie or come-as-you-are, you'll find plenty of options. Click here for spaces available for rent.
Interested in filming in Times Square?
The Office of Film, Theatre and Broadcasting issues permits to productions filming on location in the City of New York. More information can be found here.
Can I use amplified sound in Times Square?
In order to use amplified sound during your event, you must receive a sound permit from the NYPD.
For events spaces south of 45th street, contact the Midtown South Precinct
For events spaces north of 45th street, contact the Midtown Nouth Precinct
- Permit costs are determined by NYPD
- Amplified sound may not exceed 85dB at any time
- Permitted times for amplified sound in Times Square are 9am-10pm
How do I promote my event?
Notes about selecting the date for your event/promotion
- Times Square is an extremely busy place with a great number of residents, employees and tourists in the neighborhood seven days a week.
- Generally speaking, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday have proven to be the most successful days for events and promotions in the neighborhood.
- Matinee days in the neighborhood have proven to be overcrowded, thus the Times Square Alliance strongly suggests avoiding Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays.
How do I get started?
We are happy to help you. Please fill out this quick form and someone from our events team will be in touch soon.
Last updated: July 12, 2013