Are you a Times Square business looking to list an event on the Times Square website? Click here to log in to your account.
*If you are a Times Square business and would like to post an event or promotion on this website, click here or call (212) 452-5231 and further instructions will be provided.
Planning Outdoor events in the City of New York requires a city permit(s) and can often be complicated. For instance, if your event requires a Department of Buildings Permit or a Health Department Permit you need to be registered with those agencies to file the permit. It is strongly recommended that you consult with an experienced Event Producer when you are planning an event in Times Square. The Times Square Alliance does not recommend specific Event Producers.
The New York City Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO) permits events on the Pedestrian Plazas as well as streets and sidewalls. Click here to access their web site.
The New York City Parks Department permits events on Father Duffy Square. Click here to access their web site.
The Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) issues permits for productions filming on location in the City of New York. Click here to access their web site.
Once you have filed a permit, the Times Square Alliance can offer guidance on the nuances of hosting an event in Times Square.
Need an event venue in Times Square? Consult our list here.
See & Be Seen...
- Times Square truly is the Crossroads of the World.
- It's no surprise why Times Square is the #1 event destination in New York.
- 350,000 pedestrians pass through Times Square every day.
Where can I produce an event?
Current permitted spaces in Times Square events include the following locations:
The Broadway Plazas
Five pedestrian plazas located between 42nd-47th Streets
Island located between 46th-47th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Located between 43rd-44th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Located between 45th-46th Streets at 7th Avenue and Broadway
Where in Times Square can I host an indoor event?
From theaters to ballrooms to high-tech conference rooms to elegant restaurants with panoramic neighborhood views, Times Square has an event space to suit your needs. Whether you're hosting a half-dozen guests or a couple of thousand, and whether the dress code is black tie or come-as-you-are, you'll find plenty of options. Click here for spaces available for rent.
Interested in filming in Times Square?
The Office of Film, Theatre and Broadcasting issues permits to productions filming on location in the City of New York. More information can be found here.
Can I use amplified sound in Times Square?
In order to use amplified sound during your event, you must receive a sound permit from the NYPD.
For events spaces south of 45th street, contact the Midtown South Precinct.
For events spaces north of 45th street, contact the Midtown Nouth Precinct.
- Permit costs are determined by NYPD
- Amplified sound may not exceed 85dB at any time
- Permitted times for amplified sound in Times Square are 9am-10pm
How do I promote my event?
Notes about selecting the date for your event/promotion
- Times Square is an extremely busy place with a great number of residents, employees and tourists in the neighborhood seven days a week.
- Generally speaking, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday have proven to be the most successful days for events and promotions in the neighborhood.
- Matinee days in the neighborhood have proven to be overcrowded, thus the Times Square Alliance strongly suggests avoiding Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays.