Super Bowl Boulevard
Wednesday, January 29 to Saturday, February 1, 2014
Broadway from 34th Street to 47th Street
On February 2, 2014, MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, will host Super Bowl XLVIII. To celebrate, New York City, the Super Bowl Host Committee and GMC have dreamed up "Super Bowl Boulevard," a series of football-themed experiences that will take over Times Square the week before the big game. Stop by a live concert, snap a photo with the Vince Lombardi Trophy or race down a specially made toboggan. Admission is FREE and open to the public. FOX, NFL Network, CBS, CNN and ESPN will broadcast the festivities live.
Activities Happening in Times Square
- Autograph and Concert Stage: Stop by for free autograph sessions with current and former NFL players (daily, noon–6pm), as well as concerts (daily, 8–10pm). (Broadway between 39th and 40th Streets).
While you are in Times Square, be sure to check out our Hotel, Dining, Shopping, Entertainment & Attractions, and Broadway guides and listings. You’ll also find other events and special Super Bowl deals in the neighborhood. Sign up for the Official Times Square E-Newsletter to get the latest updates or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
NOTE: The Times Square Alliance has confirmed that in order to facilitate transportation to the Super Bowl from New York City the following streets will be closed on Sunday, February 2, 2014 from 12:30pm until 6:00pm:
- 9th Avenue from 65th Street to 30th Street
- 42nd Street (WESTBOUND ONLY) from 1st Avenue to 12th Avenue
- 45th Street from 11th to 12th Avenues
Only placarded vehicles traveling to Met Life Stadium will be allowed on the above streets during that time.
The New York City Police Department issued the following advisory about Super Bowl Boulevard:
New York City is hosting ''Super Bowl Boulevard,'' a week-long closure of Broadway between West 34th Street and West 47th Street in Manhattan, from Sunday, January 26th until Sunday, February 2nd.
The following traffic restrictions will be in effect:
- Broadway will be closed to vehicular traffic between West 34th Street and West 47th Street
- Cross-streets from West 34th Street to West 40th Street will remain open to vehicular traffic
- Cross Streets from West 42nd Street to West 47th Street will remain open to vehicular traffic
- West 41st Street will be closed daily from Wednesday, January 29th until Saturday, February 1st between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue from 0900 hours (9:00AM) until 2400 hours (midnight)
(NOTE: Alliance Addition to PD Announcement): West 41st Street from 7th Avenue to 8th Avenue will be closed to all but local traffic from 9am until 11:59pm daily from Wednesday, January 29th through Saturday, February 1st.)
- West 41st Street may experience sporadic closures to facilitate “load-in” on Tuesday, January 28th
Commercial vehicle access will be restricted beginning Wednesday, January 29th until Saturday, February 1st from 1100 hours (11:00AM) to 2400 hours (midnight) as follows:
- West 34th Street to West 42nd Street from 6th Avenue to 7th Avenue
- West 42nd Street to West 48th Street from 6th Avenue to 8th Avenue
- Commercial vehicles will be granted access to these streets from 2400 hours (midnight) until 1100 hours (11:00AM)
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING - Report Suspicious Activity to: 1-888-NYC-SAFE (1-888-692-7233) or NYCSAFE@NYPD.ORG
- For questions regarding street closures and other neighborhood impacts, email THarris@TimesSquareNYC.org.
- Add Super Bowl Deals and Events at your establishment through the Tourism Manager. For more information about the Tourism Manager, contact email@example.com.
- There will be truck and delivery restrictions along Broadway and adjacent side streets. Additional information will be disseminated once the plan is finalized.
Times Square Businesses who have questions relating to NFL Super Bowl Boulevard can also contact the Alliance at 212.768.1560. Follow @TSqNews for updates.
Alternate Curtain Times During Super Bowl Week
Broadway is open for business! Check out the Super Bowl Fan’s Guide to Broadway on Broadway.org for special performance schedules and information during Super Bowl week.
How to score tickets: Go to Broadway.org to get tickets at all price points from official ticketing sources.
Game times: Many shows kick off their evening performances at 7:00 or 8:00 p.m., with some shows playing afternoon matinees on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday. Shows run between 90 minutes and nearly three hours. See details here. Longer shows feature a halftime break (a.k.a. intermission).
Broadway Week 2-for-1 promotion will be available from January 21 through February 6, 2014; tickets to participating shows go on sale January 9th at nycgo.com/broadwayweek.
For same-day discounts to Broadway and Off Broadway shows of up to 50% off, use TKTS (under the red steps) at Broadway and 47th Street. To get hours and see what shows are onsale daily, go to: www.tdf.org/tkts
Super Bowl Boulevard in the News
Associated Press, November 21, 2013: NFL Embraces Possibility of Snowy Super Bowl