Please check here for ongoing updates from the Times Square Alliance, Con Edison, and the Department of Transportation. For an explanation of the full scope of work, please see here.
WEEK OF JUNE 16 (To view the DDC's weekly construction look ahead, click here.)
- Monday - Friday: Installation of sewer pipe on 42nd Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue, lane closures
- Tuesday 11PM -- Wednesday 6AM: Water main shutdown, Broadway between 42nd and 44th, 43rd between Broadway and 6th Avenue
42-44 Plaza: Phase 1 of City construction is underway on the 42-43 Plaza, with completion expected by January 2014. The scope of work includes:
- Installation and/or replacement of distribution water mains.
- Installation, replacement, and/or rehabilitation of sewer mains.
- Utility upgrades and relocations.
- Street resurfacing.
- Major streetscape elements for public space enhancement and utilization.
44-45, 45-46 Plazas: ConED continues to move northward with private utility upgrades.
For any construction questions, please contact Ellen Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.