Release Date: Dec 31, 2011
Times Square, New York (December 29, 2011) – Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-organizers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, today announced the official Times Square New Year’s Eve event lineup including star-studded performances by Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Drake, Pitbull, Cee Lo Green, Hot Chelle Rae, Broadway Cast of “Rock of Ages,” and many more. The Times Square 2012 Special Guest, Lady Gaga, will join Mayor Michael Bloomberg to lead the final 60-second countdown to the New Year.
The public still has time to take part in shaping this year’s celebration including: downloading the official Times Square Ball App for free; and making a New Year’s Eve wish on a piece of confetti to be mixed in with one ton of confetti that falls on New Year’s Eve revelers by visiting the Times Square Visitor Center, located on Seventh Avenue between 46th and 47th Streets. The public can also make their wishes online at www.TimesSquareNYC.org.
Revelers around the world will get to experience the Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball Drop and select performances via a six-hour, commercial-free webcast of the event at www.TimesSquareNYC.org or on the Times Square Ball App if they are using a handheld device.
“What better way to ring in 2012 than with some of the biggest talent that this past year has seen,” said Times Square Alliance President Tim Tompkins. “Our hope is to reach every corner of the globe at the Crossroads of the World. From a Chinese Cultural performance to Lady Gaga, there is truly something for everyone this year at Times Square New Year’s Eve.”
“We are thrilled to have so many fantastic performers share the spotlight with the New Year’s Eve Ball as we ring in 2012,” said Countdown Entertainment President Jeffrey Straus.
On New Year’s Eve, hundreds of thousands of revelers will fill New York City’s Times Square and more than 1 billion worldwide are expected to watch the Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball Drop. 2012 will mark the 105-year-old tradition of the Ball Drop which began in 1907.
2012 performances on various stages throughout the evening include:
- Five-time Grammy Award Winner Lady Gaga performing a medley of her hit songs on ABC’s “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Eve Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2012”;
- Justin Bieber performing “Let It Be” on ABC’s “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2012”;
- Cee Lo Green performing a special rendition of Imagine;
- Hot Chelle Rae performing a medley of hits on ABC’s “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2012”;
- Pitbull performing a medley of his hits on ABC’s “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2012”;
- Drake performing two hit songs “Headlines” and “Take Care” for NBC’s New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly;
- Megan Hilty starring in the upcoming NBC show “Smash” performing “Let Me Be Your Star” for NBC’s “New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly”;
- Broadway cast of the hit musical Rock of Ages performing “Don’t Stop Believin’” and “Here I Go Again” on Fox News Channel’s “All American New Year’s Eve”;
- Peter Parker will be interviewed on the Times Square media platform at 11:20 on New Year’s Eve as part of an unprecedented Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark appearance.
- Diego Torres performing “Creo en America” and “Color Esperanz” on Univision’s “Feliz 2011!”;
- And The Sino-American Friendship Association (“SAFA”) presenting a Chinese cultural performance of the Lion Dance.
Hourly Countdowns and recitations of Confetti Wishes for 2012 on the Nivea Stage from:
- Carson Daly;
- Fox’s Megyn Kelly & Bill Hemmer;
- CNN’s Anderson Cooper;
- Raúl de Molina;
- And the final 60 second countdown New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his Special Guest, Lady Gaga
For more information on Times Square New Year’s Eve 2012 – and to watch many of the performances LIVE online, go to www.TimesSquareNYC.org.
About Times Square New Year's Eve
The Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment are the organizers of Times Square New Year's Eve. The Times Square Alliance works to improve and promote Times Square so that it retains the energy, edge and distinctiveness that have made it an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life. Countdown Entertainment, which represents the owners of One Times Square, and the New Year’s Eve Ball, is a marketing management and consulting services company specializing in the Times Square area.