Your search returned 20 results:
- Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment welcomes Disney’s Broadway Smash, ‘Aladdin,’ as Official Sponsor of the Times Square New Year’s Eve Confetti Wishes
Release Date: Nov 24, 2014
Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, co-organizers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, announced today that Disney's Aladdin, the new, Tony Award®-winning, Broadway musical comedy based on the Academy Award®-winning animated film, will partner with the acclaimed New Year’s Eve celebration to welcome 2015. As the official sponsor of the evenings annual confetti wishes tradition Aladdin stars, Adam Jacobs (Aladdin), James Monroe Iglehart (Genie), and Courtney Reed (Jasmine) will take part in the Ball Drop celebration, and events leading up to the big night.
- Noah Hutton Takes Us On A Journey Into A 5-Block Brain
Release Date: Oct 29, 2014
Documentary filmmaker Noah Hutton’s Brain City will be shown on Times Square’s billboards from 11:57 pm to midnight each night this November. This film is a part of Midnight Moment, a monthly presentation by The Times Square Advertising Coalition (TSAC) and Times Square Arts. This month’s presentation is partnership with Eyewire, The Human Brain Project, Neurodome and CLARITY.
- Times Square New Year’s Eve Announces International Rescue Committee (IRC) as the Official Charitable Partner And Special Guest For New Year’s Eve 2015
Release Date: Oct 01, 2014
With 90 days until New Year’s Eve, Times Square New Year’s Eve today announced its first ever official charitable partnership with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) to honor the bravery and resilience of over 50 million displaced persons and refugees around the world. As this past year has seen an extraordinary amount of international conflicts resulting in millions of refugees from places such as Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Central African Republic, Mali, Somalia, Sudan and Ukraine, the IRC is needed more than ever.
- Ryoji Ikeda To Transform Times Square Into Mathematical Beauty Through Synchronized Imagery Of test pattern [times square]
Release Date: Sep 29, 2014
Japanese artist Ryoji Ikeda’s film test pattern will be reimagined for the Times Square billboards this October. From 11:57pm to midnight each night, digital screens will be taken over by tightly synchronized, flickering black-and-white imagery mining data for mathematical beauty as part of Midnight Moment, a monthly presentation by The Times Square Advertising Coalition (TSAC) and Times Square Arts. This month’s presentation is in partnership with the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF)’s Crossing the Line festival and The Metropolitan Museum of Art. A special event on October 16 will be the first time sound is incorporated into the Midnight Moment and will precede two live concert performances at The Metropolitan Museum of Art on October 17 and 18.
- City Councilman Andy King And Times Square Alliance Announce Legislation To Regulate Times Square’s Costumed Characters
Release Date: Sep 08, 2014
City Council Member Andy King and the Times Square Alliance were joined today by elected officials, city agency representatives and local businesses at a news conference in announcing new Costumed Individuals legislation that will be introduced on Wednesday, Sept. 10th at the City Council Stated Meeting
- NYC Visitors Scale the Buildings of Times Square in Daniel Canogar's Literal 'Motion' Picture, Storming Times Square
Release Date: Aug 29, 2014
Earlier this summer, over 1,200 people lined up in Times Square to be filmed crawling across a green screen. Spanish artist Daniel Canogar captured the footage of their crawls and has edited it to be shown on the Square’s spectacular billboards in September. The resulting film, titled Storming Times Square, will have its premiere on Times Square billboards September 1 and screened every night in September at 11:57 p.m. as part of the Midnight Moment, a monthly presentation of The Times Square Advertising Coalition (TSAC) and Times Square Arts. This month’s presentation is in partnership with bitforms gallery.
- Alfredo Jaar Challenges Definitions Of America; Reimagining His Iconic Times Square Intervention
Release Date: Jul 28, 2014
This August, The Times Square Advertising Coalition (TSAC) and Times Square Arts, in collaboration with the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, present a reenactment of Alfredo Jaar’s iconic 1987 intervention in Times Square, A Logo for America.
- Times Square Visitors Scale Skyscrapers In Public Art Intervention
Release Date: Jul 17, 2014
Times Square Arts, in partnership with bitforms gallery, presents Spanish artist Daniel Canogar’s public intervention and video installation, Storming Times Square, this July and September.
- Arlés del Rio Breaks Metaphoric Cultural Barriers With Human Sillhouette Installation In Times Square
Release Date: Jun 27, 2014
Social, political, and cultural boundaries will be tested and (literal) barriers broken with Arlés del Rio’s interactive installation in Times Square this summer.
- Chris Doyle Transforms the Concrete Jungle Of NYC’s Times Square Into a Flourishing Canyon with its Animal Inhabitants
Release Date: Jun 23, 2014
Midnight Moment: Bright Canyon by Chris Doyle July 1-31, 2014, every night from 11:57 p.m.–midnight
- Grab a Front Row Mat To Solstice In Times Square: Athleta “Mind Over Madness” Yoga with Live, Free Webcast
Release Date: Jun 16, 2014
World Class Yogis to Host Embeddable Webcast of Dawn-till-Dusk Yoga Event to Mark The Longest Day of the Year.
- 21st Annual Taste Of Times Square Festival Highlights Flavors And Performances From Around The World
Release Date: May 30, 2014
Times Square Alliance Celebrates Summer with More Than 40 Restaurants at Annual Outdoor Food and Music Festival
- Yorgo Alexopoulos Creates a Virtual Solar System on the Screens of Times Square Celebrating the Month of the Summer Solstice
Release Date: May 30, 2014
Midnight Moment: Transits by Yorgo Alexopoulos June 1-30, 2014, every night from 11:57 p.m.–midnight
- Calling All Yogis: Celebrate the Summer Solstice in Times Square from Dawn-till-Dusk with Athleta “Mind Over Madness” Yoga
Release Date: May 28, 2014
The Times Square Alliance and Athleta Host Free Yoga Event to Celebrate the Longest Day of the Year.
- Times Square Celebrates Two Year Anniversary Of Midnight Moment By Transforming Into An Urban Jungle With Kaleidoscopic Visuals Of Animals From Leslie Thornton’s Binocular Menagerie
Release Date: Apr 25, 2014
May 1-31, 2014, every night from 11:57 p.m.–midnight
- Jim Findlay's Dream of the Red Chamber, a Performance for a Sleeping Audience at the Brill Building in Times Square, May 9-17
Release Date: Apr 24, 2014
Durational Performance Installation Takes Audiences on an Immersive Journey Through Cao Xueqin's 18th Century Chinese Novel.
- April's Midnight Moment Showcase Young NYC Filmmakers from the Tribeca Film Fellows® Program
Release Date: Mar 27, 2014
Film Explores Transit as a Universal Experience that Connects Cultures Across Urban Environments April 1-30, 2014, every night from 11:57 p.m.–midnight
- Legendary Lambs Club hosts After Hours on March 26 featuring redefined cabaret performances by Joseph Keckler, Helga Davis, and Michael Hanf
Release Date: Mar 17, 2014
An Evening at The Lambs Club Wednesday, March 26, 10:00 p.m.–12:00 a.m. 132 West 44th Street, New York, NY
- Zach Nader's Film Featured as the March Midnight Moment, Part of Moving Image Art Fair
Release Date: Feb 25, 2014
Nader Removes the Products from Commercials to Create a Unique New Film
- February Midnight Moment to Showcase Brian Dailey's ‘Moth to a Flame’ Video Showcasing the Power and Danger of Attraction
Release Date: Jan 31, 2014
February Midnight Moment to showcase Brian Dailey's ‘MOTH TO A FLAME’ video showcasing the power and danger of attraction.