Times Square Museum & Visitor Center
Hours of Operation: 7 Days a Week, 8AM - 8PM
Address: Entrance is located at 7th Ave between 46th & 47th Streets
Phone: (212) 452-5283
The Times Square Museum & Visitor Center is a one-stop shop for tourists and New Yorkers to buy tickets for walking tours presented by Manhattan Walking Tour and Walkin’ Broadway and bus tours of the city from Gray Line New York. They can also get information on New York City’s many tourist attractions from the Times Square Public Safety Officers.
- Housed in the landmarked Embassy Theater, which was the world’s first newsreel theater, the nearly 6,000 square-foot Visitor Center now also includes a free mini-museum with unique exhibits that tell the story of Times Square.
- The "Times Square Spectacular" show, featuring the New Year’s Eve Centennial Ball, which stood atop One Times Square in 2007, and simulates the New Year’s Eve countdown every hour, on the hour, the 05, 25, and 45.
- A confetti Wishing Wall, where visitors can write wishes for the upcoming year to be added to the two tons of confetti that will fall on Times Square at midnight on New Year’s Eve
- Video highlights of Times Square’s past and present
- A Broadway exhibit with hats from iconic Broadway shows
- A Fantasy and Desire exhibit featuring a restored “Peep-O-Rama” sign from 42nd Street’s last peep show, along with three show booths, which now showcase videos on the history of Times Square