About Times Square Valentine Heart Design Competition
Each year, the Times Square Alliance sponsors a design competition for a new sculptural Valentine by an emerging architectural or design company. Past winners include Gage / Clemenceau Architects, Moorhead & Moorhead, Freecell, and BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group). Sponsors included Zales, Autodesk and JetBlue.
- Young Projects: Match-maker (2014)
- Situ Studio: Heartwalk (2013)
- BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group): BIG ♥ NYC (2012)
- Freecell: Light Hearted (2011)
- Moorhead & Moorhead: Ice Heart (2010)
- Gage / Clemenceau Architects: Valentine to Times Square (2009)
The 2014 Valentine Heart Design competition was held in collaboration with Van Alen Institute. Stay tuned for more information on next year's competition.