The Alliance is now seeking proposals from qualified vendors by issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to design, install and maintain the landscaping covering all of the five Broadway pedestrian plazas as well as other areas within the district.
The landscaping areas that the Proposer is responsible for installing/maintaining include, but are not limited to:
- The planter surrounding the George M. Cohan statue located on Duffy Square, just north of 46th Street and Broadway. (see Appendix B)
- Approximately 20 large potted planters – some that hold the “Pedestrian Flow Zone” signage within the Broadway Pedestrian Plazas spanning from 42nd street to 47th street. (See Appendix C).
- Approximately 28 small potted planters that perimeter the Designated Activity Zones (DAZs). (See Appendix D).
- Approximately 40 large potted planters that line specific areas on 41st street and 7th avenue, 48th street and 7th avenue, and 8th avenue between 41st and 42nd streets. (Same potted planters as Appendix C).
- Approximately 17 tree pits along 8th avenue between 43rd and 53rd streets. (See Appendix E).
- Approximately 25 tree pits along Restaurant Row (46th street between 8th and 9th avenue)
The proposer will assume sole responsibility for the installation and management of the plantings, with the exception of the trash removal from the potted plants that the Alliance’s sanitation service will provide. The proposer will ensure that they comply with any and all relevant laws and regulations.