Join the Human Rights Foundation for an afternoon of inspiring talks and performances featuring some of the world’s bravest activists — a masterclass in the struggle for freedom around the globe.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Masih Alinejad, irrepressible Iranian journalist and women’s rights activist founder of My Stealthy Freedom, an online movement opposed to the mandatory dress code, and the #whitewednesdays protest campaign.
- Thae Yong-Ho, the highest ranking diplomat to ever defect from North Korea, considered #1 on the Kim regime assassination list.
- Denise Ho, Cantopop singer, prominent Hong Kong pro-democracy protester, and LGBTQI activist.
- Evan Mawarire, Zimbabwean civil rights activist, pastor, and leader of the #ThisFlag movement that ultimately brought down dictator Robert Mugabe.
- Garry Kasparov, HRF chairman, chess grandmaster, and outspoken democracy activist from Russia.
- Aric Toler, digital researcher focused on unmasking Russian assassins, documenting chemical weapons attacks, and marshaling investigative journalism to expose human rights violations.
- Pete Pattison, award-winning investigative journalist who uncovered the slave labor at the heart of the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
- Gustavo Tovar, former leader of the Venezuelan student movement and celebrated human rights advocate and film director.