April 1 – 30, 2012: Ori Gersht, Big Bang 01 showing at 11.57pm
April 4: Special Viewings: 11.57am, 6.57pm and 11.57pm
Ori Gersht, still from Big Bang 01, 2006. Courtesy of CRG Gallery
Ori Gersht was born in Tel-Aviv, Israel and received his masters in Photography from the Royal College of Art, London. He is currently the subject of a solo exhibition at the Imperial War Museum, London and will be the feature of a solo exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston in the fall of 2012.
Gersht has been exhibited and collected by a number of public institutions including the Guggenheim Museum, New York, The Tate Modern, London, the Tate Britain, London, The Getty Museum, Los Angeles, the Victoria & Albert Museum, London, the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, the Henry Art Gallery, Seattle, the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Cleveland, the Jewish Museum, Berlin, the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, among others. Ori Gersht lives and works in London, England.
The Film: ‘Big Bang’ Credits
- Film by: Ori Gersht
- Producer: Bevis Bowden
- Director of Photography: Teddy Testar
- Special Effects: Bob Hollow – Bob Hollow Special Effects
- Art Director: Clare Ceprynski, assisted by Louise Woodhouse
- Production: Voododog
- Sound Design: Franco Ross Adams
- Special thanks to: Olle Borgar, Jason Woolgar, Nogah Engler, The Victoria and Albert Museum, CRG Gallery New York, Angles Gallery Los Angeles, Mummery & Schnelle Gallery London and Noga Gallery Tel Aviv
The Film: ‘Big Bang’ Provenance
- 2012 Mid career Survey show, Museum Of Fine Art Boston, Boston, USA
- 2011 Lost in Time, Santa Barbara Museum, Barbara Museum, CA, USA
- 2008 Black Box, Hirshhorn Museum and sculpture Garden, Washington DC, USA.
- 2008 Folding Time, Noga Gallery, Tel Aviv Israel
- 2008 Time Folds, Angles Gallery, Santa Monica, California.
- 2007 The Forest & Blow Up, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, USA.
- 2007 Time After Time, Mummery+Scnhelle Gallery, London.
- 2012 'Seduced by Art: Photography Past and Present', London National Gallery, London
- 2011 Caen Art’s Museum, Normandy, Spain.
- 2010 Daegu Photobienal, Daegu, South Korea
- 2010 Impressionism and Video Art: Echo of Light, The Normandy impressionist festival, Seine-Maritime, Rouen, France.
- 2008 Order from Chaos, Centro Andaluz De La Fotografia, Almeria, Spain, Sala De Exposiciones santa ines, Sevilla, Spain.
- 2008 Mutation II, Europian Month of Photography, Masion Europeenne de la Photographie, Paris, Kulturprojekte, Berlin, Fotofo, Bratislave, Vladmir Und Estragon, Vienna, Association Café Crème, Luxenbourg, Musee de la Photographie, Moscou, Zone Attive, Rome
- 2006 Twillight: Photography in the Magic Hour, Victoria & Albert Museum, London.
- Hirshhorn Museum and sculpture Garden, Washington DC, USA.